Our practice has helped thousands of patients see better through laser vision correction procedures such as SBK Advanced LASIK, ASA Advanced PRK, Refractive Lens Exchange, and more. Now we’re thrilled to add SMILE vision correction to the lineup, expanding our ability to customize a treatment plan for each individual patient. Like LASIK, SMILE provides a powerful technology to help you see better without glasses and contacts. To help you get to know SMILE, we’d like to share 5 facts about SMILE vision correction.
1. SMILE has been successfully performed around the globe for many years. SMILE was developed by ZEISS, a company known for 170 years of optical innovation. More than 750,000 SMILES have been performed worldwide.
2. SMILE is gentle and minimally invasive. A tiny laser opening creates little disturbance to the eye, helping you recover quickly with predictable visual outcomes.
3. SMILE vision correction is a simple and fast procedure. During a SMILE procedure, the laser is used to gently create a thin, contact lens-shaped layer just beneath the surface of the eye, which is removed through a small opening. In this way, SMILE reshapes the surface of your eye and sharpens your vision, correcting the refractive error. SMILE is a gentle and highly precise procedure lasting only a few minutes, with the laser only active for about 30 seconds on average.
4. Patients should expect a rapid visual recovery following the SMILE procedure. While visual recovery is ever so slightly behind that of LASIK, people often return to most of their daily activities the day after their SMILE procedure. Full visual recovery is comparable to that of LASIK.
5. SMILE is a procedure with minimal risk. Cases of dry eye, disturbed nerves and infection as a result of laser vision correction are very low with SMILE.
SMILE vision correction is just one of seven procedures available at Durrie Vision. Our goal is to recommend the best procedure for each individual, taking into account your unique vision, expectations, and lifestyle. To learn more about your options and determine your candidacy for a procedure, call us at 913-491-3330 or click here to request a complimentary consultation. During the consultation, you’ll meet with a surgeon who will review your tests and outline your customized treatment plan.Leave a reply →